Child & adolescent psychologists & counselling, Fitzroy North
Holden Street Clinic in Fitzroy North has clinical psychologists, child psychologists, accredited mental health social workers and psychotherapists that treat child behavior and mental health concerns. Practitioners work to provide a friendly and inviting setting that is welcoming to young people. Assisting kids to feel safe through playful approaches helps provide a foundation for addressing difficulties.
Experienced practitioners deliver the highest-quality specialist assessment, treatment and counselling to address the emotional and psychological needs of children, adolescents and their families. Practitioners work in collaboration with school, family and other relevant professionals.
Our specialists are involved in the assessment and treatment of a range of presenting issues including:
- Emotional problems (such as anxiety & depression)
- Behavioural difficulties
- Trauma and loss
- Social difficulties (coping with bullying/peer relationship issues)
- Developmental difficulties (including difficulties with sleeping, toileting and eating)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Cognitive and learning difficulties
- Adjustment difficulties (associated with life transitions)
At Holden Street Clinic, practitioners use a range of treatment approaches that are designed to ensure children and adolescents are active participants. Contact us to find out more, or if you are a young person in need of immediate help see our emergency contacts page to get in touch with services such as Lifeline, Kids Help Line and The Sexual Assault Crisis Line.